I'm in a real life funk right now. And I really have been for the past couple of months. Except that right now, I'm still deep into the yeah-but-I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it phase, and just don't have the heart to write everything down, talk with my best friends or family, or really do much of anything. I'm surprised I haven't turned into a couch yet - that's how unmotivated and crappy I've been.
But anyways, it is supposed to be 73 degrees today and that puts me into a better mood, so I thought I'd update you on other life randomness today.
MusicI'm rediscovering my crazy passionate love for The Doors. This song will always be one of my most favorites. Please just at least listen to at least the first 34 seconds of the song. Isn't it so beautiful?!
Fun fact: the song "People Are Strange" by The Doors changed my music life. And then so did "Stellar" by Incubus, but that has nothing to do with The Doors - just a fun fact.
|My desktop background at work. Haters gunna hate!|
I got a NutriBullet a few weeks ago! My dietetic major student workers conned me into it, and I even shared the cost with one of them (buy two get one free, so we split the cost - so it was only $80!) - and I am slightly obsessed! Talk about a great way for this cheese dip and margarita loving girl to get her fruits and veggies in! I even add flax seed - who am I?!
I think I'm going to have a Coke for lunch today, and then see how long I can go without having another soda. I would start trying before lunch, but then I would not have the option to savor my last Coke, because I made this decision this morning.
I've recently downloaded a bunch of books to my Nook that are not even kind of my typical genre of books. They are mostly non-fiction books related to things that are sort of dangerous, like Crazy for the Storm, which is about an 11 year old kid who survived a plane crash, who is also a championship skier and avid surfer. And I just started reading No Way Down: Life and Death on K2, about the infamous K2 mountain and the story of the climbers that lived and died on their trek in 2008 (11 died). What the hell got into me I will never know. But they are interesting! Feels like reading a foreign language text, though, because of the lingo used.
My birthday is this Saturday! And I don't know what I want to do. Well, I do, but I'm a little torn because Negative Ned (Derek) doesn't think I can fit it all in and thinks it would be too rushed. (that sounded pervier than intended..moving on..) See, I want to go to a new brewery here in Nebraska, but it's a 2 hour and 40 minute drive. But I also want to be back in time to have my traditional birthday dinner at Red Lobster (yes, I'm 12) with my parents. I also sort of just want to stay at home and brew beer.
What a weekend for Husker sports! My beloved Women's Basketball team WON their first ever conference tournament title - they've won a regular season conference title, but they've never won in a Big Eight, Big XII or Big Ten tournament! The Men's Basketball team beat 9th ranked Wisconsin and will be 4th seed in the Big Ten tournament - and they were picked to finish LAST in the conference. I have such a sports crush on Tim Miles (our new head coach). The baseball and softball teams won this weekend! And apparently we won TWO Big Ten championships in wrestling, too! Crazy!
Oh, and at the Men's game last night, one of the seniors proposed to his longtime girlfriend in his senior day speech, and it was so effing adorable!
Also, the Steelers re-signed Troy Polamalu, and my heart is so happy! I would have been devastatingly crushed had they parted ways with Troy!
Wanting (in general)
- to not be so fat. And to be healthier. But I also am in my dark phase and can literally not move from the couch, no matter what my brain tells my body to do. (not exaggerating.. it's pretty bad)
- to be DONE with my stupid Managerial Economics class. More on this later. Blog friends, we've got a lot to discuss...
- a new job. Yup. Working on it (kind of) (it's complicated)..
- to not feel so anxious about everything all of the time.
- my new Colores de Carol polishes to get here! I'm obsessed with the ones I ordered and I want them on my nails now!
- someone to come clean my house for me. It's bad. See above about not being able to move when I am at home.
- to go on vacation. Maybe for Derek's 30th birthday, though! Keeping my fingers crossed!
- to fix my sleep habits. I actually did my best to wake up at decent times this weekend, but then I napped and got all messed up again. For me, sleeping issues are both physical and mental, and I'm having a really tough time changing my habits. [Oh hey! Today is Insomnia Awareness Day - read these tips here.]
- to be dedicated to my fitness. I am so envious of the people that work out every day and love it. I want to be that person so bad it almost hurts.
- to chop off my hair and get it colored. This is only a small part of me, but that part grows every day. My hair is kinda long, so this would be drastic. And the last time I colored my hair it was sort of a fail, and it was probably three years or so ago?
- SUMMER! Bring on the 100+ degree days! My soul needs it. I just want to go sit out in the sun and bask (read: sweat balls) for hours. Is that so much to ask?
- to see my friends. I miss them. You know who you are.
- to change up my blog design. Not really my design - I still LOVE what Kristen did! But maybe the colors, or some of the tiny details? Nothing drastic. But my tiny brain can't deal with those details right now, so we're just gunna hang out as we are with the ol' blog design.
And on my Greedy Gus note, I'm out. I have some more jamming out to The Doors to do today, so I need to get on it!
Cheers! And thanks for reading!
"carry me caravan, take me away / take me to Portugal, take me to Spain / Andalusia with fields full of grain / I have to see you again and again / take me Spanish caravan, yes I know you can" - The Doors "Spanish Caravan" ♥